Vanilla Sky





Monet could have flavored
the sky with
saffron, ginger, cinnamon
or whispers of mint

but he left it
unadulterated vanilla
for children whose taste buds
are still chaste

fat and pink
not yet spoiled
by the bitter-sweet
of spiced sunsets.

__________________________________________

I just watched the video on Youtube of you sharing the Monet prints in your home. You have great taste in art. How generous of you to share it with your fans. 

After seeing the video, I wanted to send you a little poem I wrote about Monet's painting Vanilla Sky. 

I don't know much about art, but I adore Monet. I particularly love his juxtaposition of colors and how he did multiple works of the same view at different times of day to study how light affects color.  

If I had to choose, (it's Monet, who can really choose?) I think his water lily series is my favorite. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow

Wilted

Changing Colors