I Will Evaporate

I Will Evaporate

I will lose all semblance
evaporate into clouds
billow through the skies
weep down into the oceans
I will surf their tides.

I will ride dolphin tails
attend concerts of whales
sunbathe on top of seas
rise on golden rays
travel with the wind for days
I will crystallize.

I will sprinkle as
jeweled beads of dew
sink into soil; filter through...

Flow within aquifers
transpire with trees
rest on their tender leaves.

I will spill over Niagara for fun
greet the morning sun
refract its spectrum.

I will feel the tickle
of a water bug
cradle salamander eggs
creep up the stems water of lilies
be a drink for bumble bees.

I will winter on mountains
melt with the springs
help deserts bloom
visit jungle, rain forest and beach.
Minute, millennium
second and century
will all be the same to me.

I will dissipate
I will condense
I will run with salmon
dance with thunder
rock with hurricanes
roll with waves
soar to the heavens
swim through seas
swirl with tornadoes
sail on the breeze.

__________________________________________________________

Note: I wrote this for my youngest son, Graham, when he was in second grade and studying the water cycle - hence the bad rhyme. 

I wanted to send you something light, since every poem I've sent you so far has been pretty heavy, but I was also kind of thinking about how the human body is about 60% water, and how water is eternal... so maybe I don't know how to write a light poem. 

Funny Story: I ran into a friend at the grocery store, and she asked what I got for my birthday. I told her about the Air Supply concert, and that I had ordered a Cameo from you, and a man overheard us, and he said, "James Marsters! Spike from Buffy the Vampire Slayer? He's on there?" 

I replied yes, and he said, "My wife and I love Buffy, and Spike is my favorite character in the whole series." 

"Mine too!" I exclaimed, excited to have met someone else who understands how cool Spike is. 

He said, "My favorite is season seven when he's draped over that cross."

Then he asked how much a Cameo from you cost. I told him, and he said, "Now I know what I'm gonna get my wife for Christmas!" as he walked on down the grocery aisle, all happy. 

My friend chuckled and said, "You just made his day." 












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tomorrow

Wilted

Changing Colors